- Stand the pallet upright on concrete and using a bolster (a wide chisel for cutting masonry) and a hammer open up a crack between the two pieces of wood. Then insert a hacksaw blade and cut through the nails.
- If the nails are of softer material sometimes you can cut through them by just repeatedly hitting the bolster.
- Because the bolster has a wide blade you reduce the risk of breaking or splitting the wood.
- It is not a quick process but practice speeds thing up.
- Make sure you wear thick gloves to protect your hands (especially the one holding the bolster) and don't leave any nails sticking out.
I enjoyed building the fence and keep walking down the garden to view my efforts. I hope this might prove useful to you.