The fishers I had to support were Con Malone from Ireland and Paul Lee from England.
- A large long handled net helps get the fish in the boat quickly
- Using 12lb leaders helps reduce the playing time
- Caught fish need to go in a cold box with a couple of inches of water in it
- I should have put my water proof fishing trousers on to keep my legs warmer
- Paul recommends his Hardy 5000GLS reel
- As the water was so clear I think I would have used 8lb leaders
- I would have fished buzzers more slowly and either as a washing line with a small booby on the point or the buzzers suspended under a dry or booby.
- If the above failed I would have put a team of small lures on an intermediate and tried that.
- If after 30 minutes a fish had not been caught or several seen I would have moved.
Possibly it was the sound of the pipes that put the fish off!