Friday 28 June 2013

Handyman's Encounter with a Black Bear!

Well we had just arrived back from our visit to the ranch when Holly, my daughter-in-law, asked if I could do a little project for her.  This involved putting up a curtain rail and hanging some new curtains in my granddaughters bedroom.  So an hour later there I was looking for the positions of the timber studs behind the drywall (note the US terminology here) using a powerful magnet to locate the nails (clever stuff). I am up on a pair of steps right by a second floor window when suddenly this huge black shape appears right below me.  Fortunately it was the other side of the glass!  I immediately:-
  1. Knew it was a bear as it was huge and jet black and really furry!
  2. Ran down the corridor shouting "there's a bear in the garden!"
The whole family then proceeded to move from room to room tracking the progress of the bear round the house.  My son Daniel was trying to get a good photo of it.  Anyway we watched it effortlessly pull the door off the compost bin I had built a few years ago, and rearrange the compost!  The last we saw of it was it gliding over the top of a five foot fence like black quick silver. 
 
Last summer whilst staying here my respect for the "wild" wild life in the family garden (yard) had risen when a bobcat dropped out of a tree a few feet away from me. Now my respect for garden wild life had reached a whole new level and when outside I find myself looking over my shoulder a lot more!
 
Well my daughter-in-law has flown off to a three day reunion in Salt Lake City and my son is at work, so Rosalind and I are left in charge of the four children.  If they become a bit of a nuisance I shall just say "would you like to go out and play!"

3 comments:

  1. I will prefer this blog because it has much more informative stuff.Factory Carpet Cleaning. Please Visit:

    Handyman Issaquah
    Handyman Redmond

    ReplyDelete

  2. تعد خدمات التنظيف المتعلقه بالمنزل بصفه عامه ان الامور الهامه حاليا لما لها من ترابط وثيق بالصحه والقضاء علي الامراض وخصيصا تنظيف الخزانات والتي تعد من الضروريات حيث يجب تنظيفها بصفه دوري
    تنظيف منازل بالخرج
    تنظيف خزانات بالخرج
    فان كنت عميلنا الكريم من الرياض او الخرج او جده فنحن نوفر لك افضل خدمات التنظيف العامه بمعدات حديثه وعماله مدربه
    تنظيف مجالس بالخرج


    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brothers and Sisters

    The Artisanal Fisheries provides a significant source of employment and livelihood in Sierra Leone. More than 80% of the population depends on fish for animal protein and bulk of this fish comes from the artisanal sector. Artisanal Fishery is a major activity in the coastal areas of Sierra Leone. There are more than 8000 boats used in the artisanal sector with over750 landing sites all over the country.

    And also bread Bakery In Sierra Leone, 'bread' is a substitute of our staple food (rice). Bread is consumed by over 90% of our population daily. Bread is one of the most popular food in Sierra Leone. It has remained a widely accepted food item because of its convenient and ready –to-eat nature.

    Manfred M Gassama
    Church of Jesus Christ of latter days saints
    Sierra Leone ward
    email : manfredgas2016@gmail.com




    ReplyDelete